We work in a police force full of dudes. We gotta have each other’s backs, okay?
fma week 2014: day 10 → otps
Postcards from cities in A Song of Ice and Fire / Game of Thrones.
Quote reblogged from with 42,994 notes
We need to stop pitting girls against each other. We need to stop giving validation to novels and films that fetishize girls who say they “aren’t like other girls” as if there’s something inherently wrong with being a girl. We need to stop perpetuating the fallacy of the mythical “other girls” who all fit some made up stereotype that we teach our girls to be afraid of because “the right guys” don’t actually like “that kind of girl”. “That kind of girl” doesn’t exist, because girls are people and not objects that come in bulk.
Rain, rain, go away so we can open the sunroof in a sleek AND stylish Ford with amazing comfort AND technology. Yes, AND Is Better even with a windows-down hairdo.
image by:Wookie Photography
If you don’t have room for a mustache-wearing Meryl Streep on your blog, I don’t want to know you.
no no NO NO NO THIS IS ILLEGAL
asl;fj the Chihuahua at the bottom tho
West Point’s first gay wedding.
BOOKS ABOUT JERKS WHO MAKE OUT WITH EACH OTHER for people who enjoy awful babies and/or reconsidering their association with me
- the queen’s thief series which i am contractually obligated by god to put on every rec list i do but also DO YOU LIKE FLIRTY THREATS, ROMANCE THAT CONFUSES EVERYONE WHO BEHOLDS IT, & CAREFUL TENDERNESS??? YEAH U DO.
- chronicles of prydain for some ORIGINAL JERKS, jerks who inspired the masses, also read westmark to get even ~jerkier (tw: war violence for westmark)
- i actually JUST read cruel beauty which was excellent mostly in that 95% of it was like, JERK BICKERING LAUGHING MAKEOUT COMBOS and then literally like “well we’re both awful at society but we can still be love” :’)
- melina marchetta’s jellicoe road AND lumatere chronicles both heavily feature cute romances between rude confused dorks (exception: evanjalin, all-knowing manipulative jerk) (tw: rape for lumatere)
- devil’s cub by georgette heyer i think she shoots him within like five minutes of their first meeting cute stuff
- slice of cherry like MURDEROUS TEENAGE SISTERS. BOYS WHO LOVE THEM. delightfully bizarre courtships. (tw: gore, mention of child sexual abuse)
- pamela dean’s tam lin LITERALLY ONE ENORMOUS EXERCISE IN ENGLISH MAJORS BEING SELF IMPRESSED DOUCHEBAGS AND THEN KISSING like read it
- blood and chocolate is about monster girl monster girl monster girl yessssssssss (tw: rape culture & sexual threats)
- the knife of never letting go is like also scifi dystopia political whatever but really we’re all here for viola and todd who nearly destroy everything (tw: war violence)
- swordspoint by ellen kushner which i often describe as amoral harry/draco because i have a problem but don’t hold it against ellen kushner
- the only alien on the planet LITERALLY MORE PEOPLE PLZ READ THIS BOOK + TALK TO ME ABOUT THE GINNY/MICHAEL LIFESTYLE (tw: child abuse)
- sixth grade secrets HAS ANYONE ELSE READ THIS BOOK?????? IT TRAUMATIZED ME. CHECK IT OUT.
- fingersmith i had real human friends be v suspicious of me after reading it like i know it’s victorian lesbians but anna they are bad people u know this right YES FRIENDS. I KNOW. GLORY IN IT. COME TO ME. (tw: institutionalizing)
- unraveled by courtney milan which SUCKER is the third?? book in the series so you’ll have to read all of it (tw: childhood abuse)
- this duchess of mine by eloise james is the sixth?? book in its series, got you again, THEY’RE ALL GOOD
- p much ALL romances in demon’s lexicon & unspoken but demon’s surrender has my favorite forever into the stars, liars in love :o
- the perilous gard i feel like i’ve been talking about this a lot lately and that’s because it’s so softly enthralling GOD, KATE
- a hundred thousand kingdoms is not-secretly about a threesome in which everyone’s an asshole & i love them. (tw: slavery, torture, rape)
- melusine hahahahahahahahaahaha kathleen they are all jerks though (tw: rape, incest)
- the changeover by margaret mahy is basically a girl turning into a witch and also high school dorks learning how 2 kiss (tw: sexual harassment)
- the hollow kingdom is like hades/persephone but they’re jerks and he’s a SUPER UGLY GOBLIN KING and i’m. really into that.
- speaking of really ugly i’m sure you’ve read the summoning etc by kelley armstrong but like. ugh. AM I GROSS FOR SHIPPING THIS, you will cry to yourself and darling you are so exquisite. (tw: institutionalizing, mental illnesses)
- also re: ugly and confused, read valiant by holly black, i have a problem, maybe this should be a separate list, too late
- eta: COLD MAGIC, i can’t believe i forgot kate elliott’s COLD MAGIC, the greatest asshole couple ever, i am fired from being myself, goodbye forever
" LITERALLY ONE ENORMOUS EXERCISE IN ENGLISH MAJORS BEING SELF IMPRESSED DOUCHEBAGS AND THEN KISSING"
SO TRUE and so great.
I CAN’T BELIEVE THIS LIST OF JERKS WHO KISS LEFT OFF HOLLY BLACK’S CURSE WORKERS. BOY ARE THEY JERKS.
Page 1 of 430